Norquay Technology Incorporated, a growing specialty chemical manufacturer focused on the manufacture of organic, organometallic and inorganic compounds, is seeking to fill a full-time position of R&D laboratory chemist at Norquay’s Chester, Pennsylvania facility. This hands-on technical position will be responsible for the synthesis of organic, organometallic and inorganic molecules; performing bench and kilo scale experiments, and supporting the development and scale-up of organic and organometallic compounds. A bachelors degree in chemistry with a minimum of two years of hands-on experience in the synthesis of organic molecules including handling of organometallic reagents in an academic or industrial R&D setting is preferred, although candidates with a combination of relevant job-related work experience in the synthesis of molecules at all levels are encouraged to apply. Salary will be based on the candidate’s experience, education and background. Norquay offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Norquay is an equal opportunity employer.
The requirements and skills desired for the position include:
- Experienced in performing laboratory scale experiments.
- Familiarity with laboratory glassware and equipment
- A focus on safety.
- Strong work ethic.
- Strong observational skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to follow instructions.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills.
- An understanding of analytical techniques including NMR, GC, MS, ICP.
- The ability to legally work in the US.