Norquay Technology Incorporated, a growing specialty chemical manufacturer focused on the manufacture of organic, organometallic and inorganic compounds, is seeking to fill a full-time position of R&D synthetic chemist at Norquay’s Chester, Pennsylvania facility. This hands-on technical position will be responsible for the design and development of commercial synthetic processes for the production of organic, organometallic and inorganic molecules. A Ph. D. in Chemistry with a minimum of three years of hands-on industrial experience in research and development, manufacturing or scale-up is preferred, although synthetic Ph. D. level chemists of all levels are encouraged to apply. Expertise in the manufacturing of organometallic compounds including metallocenes and other air and-moisture sensitive metal precursor molecules used in the production of semi-conductor materials would be considered an ideal background for the candidate. Norquay offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Norquay is an equal opportunity employer.
The requirements and skills desired for the position include:
- The handling of highly air and moisture sensitive compounds.
- The ability to manage multiple development and scale-up projects.
- The ability to coordinate and lead project teams focused on the development of processes for the manufacturing of organometallic compounds.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills.
- An understanding of chemical kinetics, thermodynamics, and reaction safety studies.
- Knowledge of chemical engineering basic principles.
- Chemical synthesis on R&D and Kilo-lab scale production (22 - 50 L).
- Process optimization and tech transfer for scale-up (100L and larger scale).
- Analytical chemistry techniques including NMR, GC, MS, ICP.
- The ability to legally work in the US.